Breast cancer is a cancer that starts in the cells of the breast in women and men. Worldwide, breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer after lung cancer (10.4% of all cancer incidence, both sexes counted) and the fifth most common cause of cancer death. In 2005, breast cancer caused 502,000 deaths worldwide (7% of cancer deaths; almost 1% of all deaths).
Because the breast is composed of identical tissues in males and females, breast cancer also occurs in males. Incidences of breast cancer in men are approximately 100 times less common than in women, but men with breast cancer are considered to have the same statistical survival rates as women. read more..
Here are links of articles I read over the internet. Mostly are news from the Philippines. Feel free to comment on how can i improve my site.
- Shooting Breast Cancer Painlessly
- Ang Hinaharap -Philippine Breast Cancer Network
- Early Detection Plan. Why you need it?
- Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2007-2008
- BreastCancer.org - Breast Cancer Tr eatment Information and Pictures
- New way to spot breast cancer shows promise-study
- House bill seeks wider health coverage for breast cancer
- Nino Mulach confirms Liezel's breast cancer
- Nicotine linked to breast cancer--study
- Philippine Foundation for Breast Care, Inc holds seminar..